Beijing calls for ‘people’s war’ against US as Trump threatens tariffs on another $300 billion of Chinese goods in all-out trade battle

  • The US-China trade war has dramatically escalated over the past few days, with both sides announcing tariff increases on billions of dollars’ worth of each other’s goods.
  • Chinese state media — which functions as a Communist Party mouthpiece — issued a series of rabble-rousing statements on Monday accusing the US of “greed and arrogance” and calling for a “people’s war” against it.
  • President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday night threatened to impose tariffs of up to 25% on another $300 billion worth of Chinese goods.
  • If such tariffs were to be imposed, almost all Chinese imports to the US would be subject to tariffs.
  • Trump tweeted on Tuesday that his “respect and friendship” with Chinese President Xi Jinping was “unlimited” but that “this must be a great deal for the United States or it just doesn’t make any sense.

The US-China trade war continues to heat up, with Beijing calling for a “people’s war” against Washington and President Donald Trump threatening to impose tariffs on another $300 billion worth of Chinese goods.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trade-war-trump-mulls-more-tariffs-300bn-china-peoples-war-2019-5?utm_source=hearst&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=allverticals

Advertisements

Putin threatens to target the US if it deploys new missiles in European nations

President Vladimir Putin warned of a resolute response if the U.S. decides to station missiles in neighboring countries to Russia.

Putin, at his annual address to parliament on Wednesday, said his country would not seek confrontation and would not take the first step in deploying missiles after the suspension of the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty.

However, he said Russia would respond to any deployment of new intermediate-range missiles in Europe by targeting the United States itself and not just the countries were they were held, according to a Reuters translation. He said he would field new weapons that would target U.S. decision-making centers.

He warned U.S. policymakers, some of whom he said were obsessed with U.S. exceptionalism, about being careful before taking new measures.

“It’s their right to think how they want. But can they count? I’m sure they can. Let them count the speed and the range of the weapons systems we are developing,” Putin said to applause, according to Reuters.

Read more

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/putin-threatens-to-target-the-us-if-it-deploys-new-missiles-in-european-nations/

“All Options Are Open”: Trump Threatens To Use The U.S. Military To Invade Venezuela

We are getting dangerously close to war with Venezuela.

Last month, 35-year-old Juan Guaido declared himself to be the new president of Venezuela, and since that time 50 countries have recognized him as the legitimate leader of the country. But Russia, China and much of the rest of the world still recognizes Nicolas Maduro, and Maduro is absolutely determined to remain in power. The Venezuelan military appears to be fully backing Maduro, and that is going to make it extremely difficult to remove him. On Monday, President Trump ramped up pressure on Maduro by telling the world that “all options are open” when it comes to regime change in Venezuela…

“We know who they are and we know where they keep the billions of dollars they have stolen,” Trump said, warning Venezuelan military officials who continue to back Maduro that they are “risking their future.”

“We seek a peaceful transition of power, but all options are open,” Trump said.

Those are very ominous words, and I want you to consider the implications of those words very carefully.

Of course the White House would gladly welcome a peaceful resolution that would remove Maduro from power, but that is very unlikely to happen.

So that means either Trump is going to have to back down and allow Maduro to stay in power, or else opt for a military option.

And as we have seen in the past, other nations may participate in a “coalition” to remove Maduro, but ultimately the heavy lifting would be done by the U.S. military.

The Venezuelan military is no match for the U.S., but it is no pushover either. It would take much more than dropping some bombs to get rid of Maduro and his government, and so what we are really talking about is a potential U.S. invasion of Venezuela. It would be a horrible, bloody conflict, and even after the U.S. had secured the major cities, socialist forces would keep on fighting back for endless years to come. That means that we would have to keep troops there indefinitely, and it would almost certainly become another quagmire like we witnessed in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

And for what? Just so that we can put in a new puppet government that is slightly less socialist and that will play along better with the rest of the global establishment?

Also, if we invade Venezuela we could find ourselves in direct conflict with Russian forces, because they are already there

The arrival of 400 Russian military contractors after Mr. Trump’s Jan. 23 recognition of Mr. Guaido, the head of the National Assembly, triggered speculation that Moscow was reinforcing Mr. Maduro’s personal security or even preparing his evacuation.

But with Mr. Maduro defying calls to step down, the Russian mission may be more extensive than reported, said John Marulanda, a U.S.-trained intelligence officer and adviser to conservative Colombian President Ivan Duque, an opponent of Mr. Maduro. Mr. Marulanda said the recent Russian arrivals are special forces — Spetsnaz — who are being embedded among Venezuela’s elite military units to better resist any U.S. intervention or internal coup against Mr. Maduro.

Do we really want to go head to head with Russian special forces over the political future of Venezuela?

If we are going to ask young American men and women to shed their blood, it had better be for a really, really good reason, and not liking the socialist leader of Venezuela does not qualify.

In the short-term, the focus for the U.S. is going to be on trying to get “humanitarian aid” into Venezuela from neighboring Colombia and elsewhere.

During his speech, Trump admitted that U.S. Air Force cargo planes have been shuttling such aid into Colombia in recent days…

“Two days ago the first US Air Force C-17 landed in Colombia loaded with crucial assistance, including thousands of nutrition kits for little Venezuelan children,” Trump said. “Unfortunately dictator Maduro has blocked this life-saving aid from entering the country. He would rather see his people starve than give them aid.”

“Maduro is not a Venezuelan patriot, he is a Cuban puppet,” Trump added.

But of course the U.S. could have been offering humanitarian aid to Venezuela for many years. Instead, our brutal sanctions have been crippling their economy and have greatly facilitated this crisis. Starting on Saturday, a very strong push will be made to “peacefully” bring U.S. aid across the Venezuela border in an all-out effort to make Maduro look bad

The Trump administration and the Venezuelan opposition have staked their plans to weaken President Nicolás Maduro on a climactic moment only days away: On Saturday, they will try to break his blockade of the border with a delivery of food and medication.

The two have set Feb. 23 as the deadline for an ambitious land-and-sea campaign that would bring humanitarian supplies through Colombia, Brazil and the Caribbean and into the hands of thousands of Venezuelans who have suffered the greatest economic collapse the region has faced in generations.

It is exceedingly obvious that Nicolas Maduro is a horrible leader, and everyone knows that he is going to block any U.S. effort to bring anything across the border.

But this isn’t about trying to help the people of Venezuela. In the end, this stunt is designed to provoke favorable media coverage that will help build public support for war. During remarks to the press, John Bolton essentially admitted as much

If the Venezuelan military blocks the aid, Mr. Bolton said, the world would see Mr. Maduro’s “true colors,” Mr. Bolton said.

“We hope that the press will be there to see the Maduro loyalists stopping humanitarian assistance from going to the poor people of Venezuela,” Mr. Bolton said. “People want to know why the Venezuelan people are rising up. That act by Maduro would be proof beyond words.”

John Bolton has always been a neocon, and this is straight out of the neocon playbook.

Let us hope that when push comes to shove, President Trump will reject the advice of neocons like Bolton and will decide that invading Venezuela is not the right thing to do.

Unfortunately, there are many in Washington that would like to plunge the world into war, and it would not take much to set off an apocalyptic scenario. Our world is already teetering on the brink, and it would not be too hard to push us over the edge.

For the moment, Venezuela’s “acting president” Juan Guaido is not formally requesting U.S. military intervention, but he is not ruling it out either

Venezuela’s self-proclaimed acting president Juan Guaido refused to rule out on Friday the possibility of authorizing United States intervention to help force President Nicolas Maduro from power and alleviate a humanitarian crisis.

National Assembly leader Guaido told AFP he would do “everything that is necessary… to save human lives,” acknowledging that US intervention is “a very controversial subject.”

After everything that has happened over the past couple of decades, you would think that the American people would be completely and utterly sick and tired of war by now.

There is always a very high price for intervening militarily in other countries, and the price for invading Venezuela would be very high indeed.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/all-options-are-open-trump-threatens-to-use-the-u-s-military-to-invade-venezuela/

Trump Threatens To Keep Government Closed “For Months Or years”

President Trump on Friday confirmed that he told Democratic leaders he would be willing to keep the government closed for months or even years if they refuse to provide funding for his border wall with Mexico.

“I did, absolutely, I said that,” said the president, speaking with reporters after the morning meeting.

“I don’t think it will,” Trump added, “But I am prepared and I think I can speak for Republicans in the House and Republicans in the Senate. I hope it doesn’t go on even beyond a few more days. It really could open very quickly, I told them.”

Trump has directed Vice President Mike Pence, White House senior adviser (and his son-in-law) Jared Kushner and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen to meet with the aides of top congressional leaders over the weekend to continue discussions on the shutdown impasse.

“We really cannot resolve this until we open up government, and we made that clear to the president,” said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) following the meeting – which Trump called “very productive.”

Around 25% of the federal government has been shut down for 14 days following Trump’s refusal to sign a spending package that did not include $5 billion he has requested for the wall.

On Thursday the House ignored Trump’s threat to veto any legislation without wall funding, passing two stopgap spending bills that would keep some parts of the government open as late as September.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell confirmed that Trump had agreed to direct his top aides to meet with Congressional aides over the weekend “to see if they can come up with an agreement to recommend back to us and to him and the various leaders.”

“The government couldn’t reopen until Tuesday anyway because we don’t have people here to vote,” McConnell told reporters in a statement at the Capitol.

***

Update2: Trump defended the idea of a steel wall instead of using concrete, despite stating on Monday that the idea of a concrete wall was “NEVER ABANDONED.” Some other highlights from his long speech:

  • TRUMP SAYS HE MIGHT CONSIDER FREEZING RAISES FOR CABINET
  • TRUMP WANTS APPLE TO MAKE IPHONES, OTHER PRODUCTS IN U.S.
  • TRUMP SAYS APPLE SHOULD MAKE PRODUCTS IN U.S., NOT CHINA
  • TRUMP SAYS HE THINKS HE WILL MAKE A DEAL WITH CHINA
  • TRUMP SAYS NOT CONCERNED ABOUT APPLE, STOCK MARKET

Responding to a comment made by brand new Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) that she would help Democrats “impeach the motherfucker,” Trump said “I thought her comments were disgraceful…I think she dishonored herself, and I think she dishonored her family.”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/trump-threatens-to-keep-government-closed-for-months-or-years/

Putin High-Fives Saudi Prince While Macron Threatens

Russian President Vladimir Putin was seen giving a high-five to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman during the G20 Summit in Argentina on Friday.

The G20 Group summit marks the first time Prince Mohammed bin Salman met with world leaders since the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi last month.

Notably, French President Emmanuel Macron didn’t extend MBS the same pleasantries as Putin due to the Khashoggi killing.

Video captured Macron belittling MBS in a private 5-minute conversation, saying “You never listen to me.”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/putin-high-fives-saudi-prince-while-macron-threatens/

Mom Dresses Six-Year-Old Son As Girl, Threatens Dad With Losing His Son For Disagreeing

Six-year-old James is caught in a gender identity nightmare. Under his mom’s care in Dallas, Texas, James obediently lives as a trans girl named “Luna.” But given the choice when he’s with dad, he’s all boy — his sex at birth.

In their divorce proceedings, the mother has charged the father with child abuse for not affirming James as transgender, has sought restraining orders against him, and is seeking to terminate his parental rights. She is also seeking to require him to pay for the child’s visits to a transgender-affirming therapist and transgender medical alterations, which may include hormonal sterilization starting at age eight.

I learned of James’ plight on a recent visit to Plano, Texas, where I spoke to teenagers about my own transgender story. I lived through a similar scenario when I was his age. I was cross-dressed for two-and-a-half years by my grandmother, who made a purple chiffon dress for me. Somewhat like James, my cross-dressing occurred under one adult’s care, but away from grandma’s I was all boy with my mom and dad. Also, just like James, I found my way into the office of a gender therapist, who quickly started me toward transition.

Read More

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/mom-dresses-six-year-old-son-as-girl-threatens-dad-with-losing-his-son-for-disagreeing/

EU Threatens To Collapse UK Stock Market Over Brexit

The Brexit deal that is being developed and supported by the EU has been exposed as a deceptive attempt to keep the UK in the EU for decades to come.

Paul Joseph Watson breaks down the horrible details of this globalist con job.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/eu-threatens-to-collapse-uk-stock-market-over-brexit/

Macron Threatens UK Fishermen Using Brexit Deal

France’s President Emmanuel Macron is already using the terms of the deal agreed by Theresa May to threaten Brexit Britain, warning that the country would be trapped in the ‘backstop’ Customs Union if it didn’t submit to France’s demands on access to British fishing waters.

In a message that perfectly illustrates how those in the EU may seek to lock the UK in its orbit indefinitely, Macron today said: “We will concentrate our efforts in order to obtain access to the British waters before the end of the transition period. And of course all of our fishermen will be protected.”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/macron-threatens-uk-fishermen-using-brexit-deal/

Soros-Funded MoveOn.org Threatens ‘Direct Action’ in D.C., Preps ‘Emergency Campaign’ to Stop Brett Kavanaugh

Activist Robert Reich, who served as Bill Clinton’s Secretary of Labor, sent out a blast email on behalf of MoveOn.org on Thursday asking for donations to fund “MoveOn’s emergency campaign to stop Brett Kavanaugh.”

In the email, MoveOn.org, which has been massively backed by billionaire George Soros, warned the group’s anti-Kavanaugh plot is set to include “direct actions in Washington, D.C., at Senate office buildings, including busing in constituents from key states.”

The radical organization also wrote in the email it was planning to:

Escalate pressure on key senators, especially Susan Collins. Collins is the key swing vote in this process, and MoveOn is continuing to lift up stories from her constituents, support direct actions in Maine, and purchase ads in her state calling for her to stand with survivors, defend reproductive rights, and stop Kavanaugh.

Hold Republicans accountable. We will not forget their party’s actions at last week’s hearing, their unwavering support for Kavanaugh, and their attempts to discredit Dr. Blasey Ford and others when we head to the ballot box in five weeks. Ending GOP control of Congress and electing people who believe survivors. We will end GOP control of Congress and elect people who believe survivors and listen to women—because the fight for our fundamental rights is essential.

“Will you chip in $3 right now and help support MoveOn’s emergency campaign to stop Brett Kavanaugh?” the email asked.

The blast email smeared Kavanaugh as an “accused sexual predator and right-wing anti-woman, anti-LGBTQ partisan.”

Read more

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/soros-funded-moveon-org-threatens-direct-action-in-d-c-preps-emergency-campaign-to-stop-brett-kavanaugh/

North Korea threatens to cancel Trump’s nuclear summit

President Trump ignored reporters asking for an update twice on Tuesday as he came and went from the White House to Walter Reed hospital, where his wife was recovering from a benign kidney surgery.

South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency had earlier reported that Pyongyang also canceled high-level talks with Seoul, scheduled for later in the day.

The North Koreans cited the military drills as the reason.

The meeting was to happen in the border town of Panmunjom, as a followup to Kim’s April meeting with his South Korean counterpart, Moon Jae-In.

The Trump administration has appeared to be making progress in recent weeks toward a new diplomatic framework with the hermit kingdom.

Tempers had cooled following months of belligerence on both sides – Trump called Kim ‘Little Rocket Man’ and Kim responded by branding him a ‘mentally deranged U.S. dotard.’

Last week Secretary of State Mike Pompeo traveled to Pyongyang on a mission to retrieve three Americans held prisoner in the communist nation.

He returned a day later with Kim Dong Chul, Kim Hak-song and Tony Kim on board his government jet. Trump, eager to reap the PR benefit of a public splash, went to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland at 2:00 in the morning to greet them personally.

The prisoner release was seen as a first step toward the planned summit, which Trump announced last week would take place June 12 in Singapore.

The North Korean statement got a jump on the U.S State Department

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5732893/North-Korea-threatens-CANCEL-Trumps-nuclear-summit.html