Trump Orders US Agencies to Turbocharge A.I. Research

President Donald Trump has compelled federal agencies to step up research and development of artificial intelligence (AI) with a new order, calling the US lead in AI of “paramount importance” to America’s national security.

A new executive order signed by Trump on Monday warns the US government against falling behind its strategic competitors in the race for AI supremacy. The order says that “continued American leadership” in the high-tech sector is of “paramount importance to maintaining the economic and national security” of the US and it is the Trump administration policy to “sustain and enhance” it.

The freshly-signed document outlines five principles to guide the US federal agencies as they embark on implementing the ambitious plan. One is to “train current and future generations of American workers with the skills to develop and apply AI technologies” as well as to nurture public trust in AI.

The latter has been a burning issue for years, since many people are inclined to take the rise of AI with a grain of salt, or may even fear a robot uprising, something that only a few years ago could have been dismissed as pure science fiction.

Although he continues to vigorously support Donald Trump, Alex Jones lays out one of the major blind spots that the President doesn’t see and how it could potentially cost him his second term re-election.

However, with AlphaStar, a creation of Alphabet-owned DeepMind Al, which can beat humans in StarCraft and boasts an Al algorithm that discovered a previously unknown human species, the AI takeover has been perceived by some as uncontrolled and hostile, since robots are bound to leave many of us jobless with their far superior skills.

Alarm over a looming machine takeover has been sounded by Alibaba’s Jack Ma, who has warned that the race for AI dominance could stir up a third world war. The sentiment was echoed by Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk, who said that an AI revolution is a “fundamental risk to the existence of human civilization.”

US agencies must now come up with an action plan within 120 days of the executive order’s publication, that would prioritize US preeminence in AI technologies.

Christian Charisius/picture alliance via Getty Images

The plan shall “protect the United States advantage in AI and AI technology critical to United States economic and national security interests against strategic competitors and adversarial nations,” and may even be classified “in full or in part,” the document says.

The order comes as the US dominance in AI is at risk of slipping away amid Chinese advances. A recent poll conducted by PwC showed that some 25 percent of Chinese top executives surveyed employed AI in their companies, while only five percent of American executives did the same.

Billionaire George Soros has recently called the use of such technologies by the Chinese government a “mortal danger” to open societies, urging the US to apply more pressure to Chinese tech, which it has been currently doing by accusing Chinese companies Huawei and ZTE of spying and by also mulling a ban on their telecommunications equipment in the US.

While fears of a robot uprising might seem a bit premature, some frightening incidents have already taken place – from Amazon voice assistant Alexa laughing creepily and sending users’ recordings to other people, to a warehouse robot spraying its human colleagues with bear repellent.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/trump-orders-us-agencies-to-turbocharge-a-i-research/

Advertisements

President Xi Orders Chinese Army To “Prepare For War”

In just a few short days, China has proved that investors who have been underestimating the geopolitical risks stemming from the simmering tensions between the US and China over the latter’s territorial claims in the South China Sea and paranoia over the fate of Taiwan – a de facto independent state that President Xi Jinping is aggressively seeking to bring under the heel of Beijing – have done so at their own peril.

Earlier this week Xi Jinping, the Chinese emperor for life president provoked an angry rebuke from Taiwan’s pro-independence president when he demanded during a landmark speech earlier this week that Taiwan submit to “reunification” with Beijing.

Xi

And as if tensions between China and the international community weren’t already high enough amid a worsening economic slowdown that’s hurting global economic growth and a tenuous trade “truce” with the US, in another speech delivered on Friday during a meeting of top officials from China’s Central Military Commission which he leads, Xi took his belligerent rhetoric one step further by issuing his first military command of 2019: that “all military units must correctly understand major national security and development trends, and strengthen their sense of unexpected hardship, crisis and battle.”

“The world is facing a period of major changes never seen in a century, and China is still in an important period of strategic opportunity for development,” Xi said and added that China’s armed forces must “prepare for a comprehensive military struggle from a new starting point,” Xi said adding that “preparation for war and combat must be deepened to ensure an efficient response in times of emergency.”

Xi’s order prioritizes training with a focus on combat readiness, drills, troop inspections and resistance exercises.

It applies to all units of the PLA, including troops, academies and armed police, and is designed to “ensure new challenges are met and battles are won,” according to a copy of the guidelines seen during the television report.

In other words, Xi just ordered the Chinese military to prepare for war.

According to the South China Morning Post, the order “will kick-start a year of enhanced military training and exercises.” Which, of course, will build on the expansive military exercises carried out in 2018, where China flexed its military muscle in the South China Sea and Strait of Taiwan to show foreign powers that might support Taiwanese independence (i.e. the US) that China still takes the “One China” policy very, very seriously.

Xi

In addition to prioritizing training for military readiness, the CMC issued a separate set of guidelines intended to boost morale, affirming that military personnel would be promoted on the basis of merit while promising greater leniency and understanding for mistakes made during training.

As one Chinese “military expert” quoted by the SCMP pointed out, the order was probably intended as a warning to foreign powers who might try to interfere in its affairs.

Shanghai-based military expert Ni Lexiong said the recent “high-profile gestures” were probably intended as a warning to those who sought to obstruct the mainland’s plans for the reunification of Taiwan.

“[They] show how seriously Xi is taking China’s military training and its preparations for war, while also flexing its strength,” he said.

A former PLA officer was more explicit: a retired PLA colonel Yue Gang said that as well as the rising tensions between Beijing and Taipei,Xi’s rallying call to the military was a response to the growing uncertainty over the geopolitical struggle between China and the United States.

“China is increasing its military training so that it has the best solutions for the worst outcomes, either related to the US or across the [Taiwan] strait,” he said.

“Over the coming year, the US might use Taiwan and the South China Sea as bargaining chips to get what it wants from China with regards to the trade war,” he said.

“And there is always the possibility of increased independence calls from Taiwan.”

Meanwhile, China’s People’s Daily, the official publication of the Communist Party, reported Thursday that the PLA has begun an extensive “realistic training exercise” with live fire in Shandong, eastern China. The publication did not specify what the objective of this live-fire exercise was, nor did Chinese agencies report whether Xi mentioned any particular acts to improve combat readiness that the PLA either has already begun to take or will do so in the future.

That same day, the nationalistic Chinese state-run Global Times highlighted comments by acting Pentagon chief Patrick Shanahan, who told reporters that his top priorities were “China, China, China.” The publication warned American officials against anti-Chinese “paranoia” while also threatening to make America “pay an unbearable price if the U.S. infringes on China.”

“When Shanahan shouts ‘China, China, China,’ Beijing must respond by accelerating construction of a deterrent against the U.S. China must make good use of deterrence, learning to make others feel fearful without being furious.”

Despite these explicit warnings and military ambitions, we are confident that in the eyes of the market and general population, the prospects for a prolonged “trade war” with China will remain completely distinct from speculation about the possibility of a hot war – that is, until it’s too late to heed the warnings from US military personnel in the Pacific, who have been outspoken about the threat posed by the Chinese and their growing military ambitions.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/president-xi-orders-chinese-army-to-prepare-for-war/

Trump Orders Major Afghan Drawdown: 7,000 Troops To Return Home In Coming Weeks

CNN warns “officials brace for Trump announcement on Afghanistan” after Trump’s Wednesday bombshell Syria troop pullout announcement.

He’s now initiated “a major drawdown” of forces in Afghanistan too, and while inside the beltway neocon heads might continue to explode, the broader public for which the seventeen year long Afghan war is deeply unpopular will no doubt cheer the move. And already NBC reports Thursday evening based on defense sources the White House has asked the Pentagon to draw up plans presenting “multiple options” including a “complete withdrawal”. Following the “options” order it now appears Trump has pulled the trigger and “ordered the start of a reduction of American forces in Afghanistan” according to a breaking WSJ report:

More than 7,000 American troops will begin to return home from Afghanistan in the coming weeks, a U.S. official said. The move will come as the first stage of a phased drawdown and the start of a conclusion to the 17-year war that officials say could take at least many months. There now are more than 14,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

U.S. soldiers in Bagram, north of Kabul, Afghanistan, via AP

Further the WSJ reports it marks “the start of a total pullout that could take at least many months.”

The major reduction of U.S. troops in the country will begin as soon as within several weeks, according to sources cited in The Wall Street Journal. Currently there are about 14,000 troops in Afghanistan in continuation of a NATO advise, train and assist mission as part of the longest running war in United States history.

Trump reportedly stoked “anger and confusion” among some lawmakers and Pentagon officials over his Syria pullout decision; however, he appears to be sticking to his prior “bring the troops home” promises made on the campaign trail in 2016. In a series of Tweets, the president defended the 180 degree shift in Syria policy, which as of only less than a week ago was was expressed by US special envoy for Syria, Ambassador James Jeffrey, as “countering Iran”.

In a Thursday Tweet that could have just as well been about Afghanistan, Trump stated: “So hard to believe that Lindsey Graham would be against saving soldier lives & billions of $$$.” And added, “Time to focus on our Country & bring our youth back home where they belong!”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/trump-orders-major-afghan-drawdown-7000-troops-to-return-home-in-coming-weeks/

Trump Orders State Dept to ‘Closely Study’ South Africa’s Killing of White Farmers, Seizing of Land

President Donald Trump on Wednesday night ordered the State Department to “closely study” the “large scale killing” of white farmers and the seizing of their lands in South Africa after Tucker Carlson blasted the State Department for going along with the theft.

Trump tweeted: “I have asked Secretary of State @SecPompeo to closely study the South Africa land and farm seizures and expropriations and the large scale killing of farmers. ‘South African Government is now seizing land from white farmers.’ @TuckerCarlson @FoxNews.”

President Trump no doubt caught Tucker Carlson’s shocking report on the seizures just hours before:

White farmers in South Africa have been subject to what many have called a genocide:

Even though whites makes up a tiny, persecuted minority in South Africa, they’re given zero special protections and are instead having their rights trampled on.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/trump-orders-state-dept-to-closely-study-south-africas-killing-of-white-farmers-seizing-of-land/

Monsanto owners call weed killer ‘safe’ after jury orders big payout

Monsanto’s German owners insisted Saturday that the weed killer Roundup was “safe”, rejecting a California jury’s decision to order the chemical giant to pay nearly $290 million for failing to warn a dying groundskeeper that the product might cause cancer.

As observers predicted thousands more future claims against the company in the wake of Monsanto’s defeat, Bayer — which recently acquired the US giant — said the California ruling went against scientific evidence.

“On the basis of scientific conclusions, the views of worldwide regulatory authorities and the decades-long practical experience with glyphosate use Bayer is convinced that glyphosate is safe and does not cause cancer,” the company said in a statement.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-jury-finds-monsanto-guilty-roundup-trial-224845050.html

Hero Of Benghazi: Stand Down Orders Were Given Directly To Me

John Tiegen, one of the four “Heroes of Benghazi,” joins Alex to discuss Hillary Clinton’s response to what happened on 9/11/2012. She proved politicians care more about elections than the lives of Americans.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/hero-of-benghazi-stand-down-orders-were-given-directly-to-me/

Ecuador orders withdrawal of extra Assange security from embassy in London

“The President of the Republic, Lenin Moreno, has ordered that any additional security at the Ecuadorian embassy in London be withdrawn immediately,” the government said in a statement. “

From now on, it will maintain normal security similar to that of other Ecuadorian embassies,” the statement said.

Ecuador suspended Assange’s communication systems in March after his pointed political comments on Twitter.

Moreno has described Assange’s situation as “a stone in his shoe.”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecuador-assange/ecuador-orders-withdrawal-of-extra-assange-security-from-embassy-in-london-idUSKCN1IJ08X

Brooklyn Federal Judge Orders Anonymous Jury for ‘El Chapo’ Trial

Infamous Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman will have an anonymous jury at his U.S. trial, which is scheduled to start later this year.

In a written order, U.S. District Judge Brian Cogan agreed with prosecutors that withholding the names of jurors was needed to address fears that they could be harassed or intimidated.

Jurors will also be escorted to and from the Brooklyn courthouse by deputy U.S. marshals and sequestered from the public while inside, Cogan wrote in the order, released by the prosecutors on Tuesday.

U.S. prosecutors offered “strong and credible reasons” as to why the jury needs protections, including Guzman’s alleged use of hitmen who carried out acts of violence over more than two decades, Cogan wrote.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Drug-Lord-Chapo-Trial-US-Judge-Orders-Secret-Jury-for-Safety-472999443.html

Trump’s ‘marching orders’ to the Pentagon: Plan a grand military parade

President Trump’s vision of soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the boulevards of Washington is moving closer to reality in the Pentagon and White House, where officials say they have begun to plan a grand military parade later this year showcasing the might of America’s armed forces.

Trump has long mused publicly and privately about wanting such a parade, but a Jan. 18 meeting between Trump and top generals in the Pentagon’s tank — a room reserved for top-secret discussions — marked a tipping point, according to two officials briefed on the planning.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-marching-orders-to-the-pentagon-plan-a-grand-military-parade/2018/02/06/9e19ca88-0b55-11e8-8b0d-891602206fb7_story.html

Judge Orders Mom Not to Get Pregnant Again After She Loses Fourth Child Due to Neglect

A western New York judge has ordered a mother not to get pregnant again until she is able to “get her life together” and become a responsible caretaker for her children, issuing the controversial decision after a fourth child was taken from the woman because of neglect.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR 

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/21660-judge-orders-mom-not-to-get-pregnant-again-after-she-loses-fourth-child-due-to