Iran tensions: Pentagon plan to deploy 120,000 troops in case of escalation

At the direction of national security adviser John Bolton, acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan last week presented top White House national security officials with a plan to send up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East in the event that Iran “attack American forces or accelerate work on nuclear weapons,” the New York Times reports.

Details: The plan was reportedly presented during a meeting about the Trump administration’s broader Iran policy, attended — among others — by Bolton, CIA director Gina Haspel, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Joseph Dunford and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats. It’s unclear if President Trump has been briefed on the details of the plan, which did not call for a land invasion of Iran, but requested a similar number of troops involved the U.S.’ 2003 invasion of Iraq, per the Times.

The big picture: Bolton and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have been warning of an unspecified “escalating threat” from Iran in recent weeks, after receiving intelligence from Israel about a possible Iranian plot to attack U.S. interests in the region. Trump told reporters today that he’d been “hearing little stories about Iran,” adding: “If they do anything, they will suffer greatly.”

  • Saudi Arabia on Monday announced that two Saudi tankers were damaged by an “act of sabotage” over the weekend in the Gulf, without identifying any suspects. Iran’s foreign ministry distanced itself, calling the incident “worrisome” and “regretful.”
  • Later on Monday, AP and other media outlets cited an anonymous U.S. official as saying an “initial assessment is that Iranian or Iranian-backed proxies” were responsible.

https://www.axios.com/iran-military-troops-john-bolton-1d4a714c-ea52-483f-b392-2ac2af01f423.html

Pentagon Approves Plan to Shift $1.5B for Wall Along US-Mexico Border

The Pentagon has approved a plan to spend an additional $1.5 billion to build 80 more miles of wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, a U.S. defense official confirmed to Fox News Friday.

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan approved the re-allocation of funds, which were originally earmarked for support of Afghan security forces and other projects, to help pay for the wall along the southern border.

“Today, I authorized the transfer of $1.5 billion toward the construction of more than 80 miles of border barrier,” he said. “The funds were drawn from a variety of sources, including cost savings, programmatic changes, and revised requirements, and therefore will have minimal impact on force readiness.”

Read more

https://www.infowars.com/pentagon-approves-plan-to-shift-1-5b-for-wall-along-us-mexico-border/

Macron Holding US Responsible If Iran Leaves Nuke Deal

On Wednesday, Tehran gave Europe 60 days to ensure Iran’s interests were protected under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

Otherwise, Tehran is ready to take further steps on scrapping the JCPOA, it warned.

French President Emmanuel Macron said on Thursday that Washington would be responsible if Iranian authorities abandon the nuclear deal.

“Firstly, Iran did not withdraw this deal. Secondly, if Iran withdraws from this deal, it will be the responsibility of the United States. We will not mix the roles and say that it’s the Europeans,” the French leader said at a press conference following the informal summit of EU leaders in the Romanian city of Sibiu.

Macron pretends to hold “Great National Debate” while targeting protestors with live ammo and helicopter-deployed tear gas.

Macron’s remark follows the Russian Foreign Ministry’s announcement made earlier in the day that the United States must terminate any activities that hamper political and economic cooperation of other countries with Iran. This statement was made shortly after EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini noted that the European Union remains committed to the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the nuclear deal signed with Iran in 2015, as long as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirms that Tehran acts in accordance with the deal.

https://www.infowars.com/macron-holding-us-responsible-if-iran-leaves-nuke-deal/

Illegals Bring Measles Into US, As April Sets Record for Border Crossings

A group of 289 Central American migrants heading for America, including children with measles and other unspecified diseases, was detained in the Mexican border state of Tamaulipas on Monday.

Some of the children were also found to have chickenpox, which is an infection the left has been spreading fear about over the past few years.

This comes as a record high 109,000 illegal immigrants were apprehended at America’s southern border in April.

Meanwhile, as illegals admittedly pour into the country with sicknesses, “anti-vaxxers” are being blamed for outbreaks of measles, chickenpox, etc.

The federal government has already released 168,000 illegal immigrants into U.S. communities in 2019, with 87% skipping scheduled court appearances.

With Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen testifying before Congress in March to warn that one million illegal immigrants are estimated to cross the southern border in 2019, what will the government do to keep Americans safe?

As usual, Infowars.com has been at the tip of the spear, warning about the danger of illegal immigrants bringing disease into the country for years now as seen in the following censored reports:

https://www.infowars.com/illegals-bring-measles-into-us-as-april-sets-record-for-border-crossings/

Hillary May Have To Run Or Face Prison

Hillary Clinton wants you to know that she can still endanger national security like nobody’s business. It’s what she does.

After Joe Biden dropped in the race. His name alone rocketed him to the pole position. But sleepy Joe is stumbling, first an opener where he had trouble stringing a sentence together. And the recent remark that he spoke with Margaret Thatcher even though Attila the Hen died six years ago.

And now, is it possible that Hillary is thinking of jumping in? It may be the only card she has if the real perpetrators behind the Russian collusion delusion face the music.

In fact Obama was so upset with Hillary’s unexpected defeat in 2016, the Washington Examiner reports ” …. a recently released update to New York Times Chief White House Correspondent Peter Baker’s book Obama: The Call of History, which said former President Barack Obama blamed Clinton for Trump’s 2016 victory, seeing it as a “personal insult,” and pinned it specifically on his former secretary of state’s “scripted, soulless campaign.” And now

Much to the Democrats dismay or ignorance, Lindsay Graham “enthusiastically” rallied other GOP members to revisit whether Obama officials illegally surveilled then candidate Trump to influence Hillary’s 2016 campaign during the Senate’s recent hearing with Attorney General Barr. As McClatchy reported ” By the hearing’s conclusion, they had collectively succeeded in putting Barr on the record confirming he had concerns about the conduct of some Obama administration officials and that he had a team looking into the decision to issue the surveillance warrant.”

And Judicial Watch recently dropped this bombshell “A senior FBI official admitted in writing and under oath that the agency found Clinton email records in the Obama White House – specifically the Executive Office of the President.
U.S District Court Judge Royce Lamberth ordered Obama administration senior State Department officials, lawyers, and Clinton aides, as well as then assistant director of the FBI Counterintelligence Division Bill Priestap, to be deposed or answer writer questions under oath. The court ruled that the Clinton email system was “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.”

We haven’t even seen a warrant yet and you can already hear the Obama Administration’s knees knocking.

https://www.infowars.com/hillary-may-have-to-run-or-face-prison/

Obama’s spying scandal is starting to look a lot like Watergate

F.B.I. Used Informant to Investigate Russia Ties to Campaign, Not to Spy, as Trump Claims,” read the headline on a lengthy New York Times story May 18. “The Justice Department used a suspected informant to probe whether Trump campaign aides were making improper contacts with Russia in 2016,” read a story in the May 21 edition of the Wall Street Journal.

So much for those who dismissed charges of Obama administration infiltration of Donald Trump’s campaign as paranoid fantasy. Defenders of the Obama intelligence and law enforcement apparat have had to fall back on the argument that this infiltration was for Trump’s — and the nation’s — own good.

It’s an argument that evidently didn’t occur to Richard Nixon’s defenders when it became clear that Nixon operatives had burglarized and wiretapped the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in June 1972.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/27/obamas-spying-scandal-is-starting-to-look-a-lot-like-watergate/

More Voters Thinks Country Better off with Trump than Clinton

Democrats and Hillary Clinton made much of the former presidential candidate’s popular vote victory in the 2016 election, but it turns out a plurality of American voters would rather have President Donald Trump in office after all.

According to a Rasmussen poll released Tuesday, 42% of likely U.S. voters believe the country would be better off if Clinton were president. But 48% of voters disagree, believing the country is better off with Trump as president. Rounding out the poll, 11% of respondents were undecided.

Since Trump upset the former Secretary of State in the 2016 election, Clinton has consistently touted her popular vote victory as reflective of the true feelings of the majority of Americans.

Clinton suggested Saturday, while speaking with husband Bill as part of the “Evening with the Clintons” tour, that the 2016 election had been “stolen” from her.

“I think it’s also critical to understand that, as I’ve been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” she told a Los Angeles crowd.

https://pluralist.com/more-voters-think-country-better-off-with-trump-than-clinton/

Islamic state claims responsibility for Sri Lanka bombings

Islamic state has claimed responsibility for coordinated bombings in Sri Lanka which killed 321 people and injured about 500 others, the group’s AMAQ news agency said on Tuesday.

The group did not give evidence for its claim. (Reporting by Omar Fahmy; Writing by Nadine Awadalla)

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

http://news.trust.org/item/20190423103116-26pc2

U.S. sends message to Turkey, halts F-35 equipment shipments

The United States has halted delivery of equipment related to the stealthy F-35 fighter aircraft to Turkey, sources familiar with the situation said, marking the first concrete U.S. step to block delivery of the jet to the NATO ally in light of Ankara’s planned purchase of a Russian missile defense system.

In recent days, U.S. officials told their Turkish counterparts they will not receive further shipments of F-35 related equipment needed to prepare for the arrival of the stealthy jet, two sources familiar with the situation told Reuters. The aircraft is built by Lockheed Martin Corp.

The sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the next shipment of training equipment, and all subsequent shipments of F-35 related material, have been canceled.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has refused to back down from Ankara’s planned purchase of a Russian S-400 missile defense system that the United States has said would compromise the security of F-35 aircraft. Turkey has said it will take delivery of the S-400s in July.

The disagreement over the F-35 is the latest of a series of diplomatic disputes between the United States and Turkey including Turkish demands that the United States extradite Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen, differences over Middle East policy and the war in Syria, and sanctions on Iran.

A Pentagon official had told Reuters in March that the United States had a number of items it could withhold in order to send Turkey a signal that the United States was serious about Ankara dropping its ambition to own the S-400.

The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Turkish officials in Ankara were not immediately available for comment.

The U.S. decision on the F-35s was expected to complicate Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu’s planned visit to Washington this week for a NATO summit. The latest development in the F-35 dispute came a day after Erdogan suffered one of his biggest electoral losses in decades in local elections.

Reuters reported last week that Washington was exploring whether it could remove Turkey from production of the F-35. Turkey makes parts of the fuselage, landing gear and cockpit displays. Sources familiar with the F-35’s intricate worldwide production process and U.S. thinking on the issue last week said Turkey’s role can be replaced.

The United States and other NATO allies that own F-35s fear the radar on the Russian S-400 missile system will learn how to spot and track the jet, making it less able to evade Russian weapons in the future.

In an attempt to persuade Turkey to drop its plans to buy the S-400, the United States offered the pricier American-made Patriot anti-missile system in a discounted deal that expired at the end of March. Turkey has shown interest in the Patriot system, but not at the expense of abandoning the S-400.

Turkey has engaged with U.S. negotiators in recent days about buying the Patriot system, a person familiar with the matter said. The system is made by Raytheon Co.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-turkey-f35-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-sends-message-to-turkey-halts-f-35-equipment-shipments-sources-idUSKCN1RD316

Official: Trump team overruled 25 security clearance denials

A career official in the White House security office says dozens of people in President Donald Trump’s administration were granted security clearances despite “disqualifying issues” in their backgrounds, such as concerns about foreign influence, drug use and criminal conduct.

Tricia Newbold, an 18-year government employee who oversees the issuance of clearances for some senior White House aides, says she compiled a list of at least 25 officials who were initially denied security clearances last year because of their backgrounds. But she says senior Trump aides overturned those decisions, moves that she said weren’t made “in the best interest of national security.”

Newbold’s allegations were detailed in a letter and memo released Monday by Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, chairman of the House Oversight and Reform committee. Cummings panel has been investigating security clearances issued to senior officials including Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, and former White House aide Rob Porter.

The documents don’t identify the officials on Newbold’s list but they note that two are “current senior White House officials.”

The release of the information comes about a month after The New York Times reported that Trump ordered officials to grant Kushner a clearance over the objections of national security officials and after Newbold spoke out to NBC News and other news outlets about her concerns. It also sets the stage for another fight between the White House and the Democratic-controlled House. Cummings said he will move this week to authorize his first subpoena in the probe.

Cummings said the subpoena will be for the deposition of Carl Kline, who served as the White House personnel security director and supervised Newbold. He has since left the White House for the Defense Department.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.

Rep. Jim Jordan, the committee’s ranking Republican, said in a statement that Cummings’ probe is a “partisan attack” and an “excuse to go fishing” through personnel files. He also said that one person on Newbold’s list is a GSA custodian.

Newbold laid out her experience in the White House during a March 23 interview with bipartisan committee staff. Portions of that interview were in the memo released by Cummings.

According to the memo, Newbold’s list of overturned security clearance denials included “two current senior White House officials, as well as contractors and individuals throughout different components of the Executive Office of the President.”

“According to Ms. Newbold, these individuals had a wide range of serious disqualifying issues involving foreign influence, conflicts of interest, concerning personal conduct, financial problems, drug use, and criminal conduct,” the memo says.

Newbold said she raised her concerns up the chain of command in the White House to no avail. Instead, she said, the White House retaliated, suspending her in January for 14 days without pay for not following a new policy requiring that documents be scanned as separate PDF files rather than one single PDF file.

Newbold said that when she returned to work in February, she was cut out of the security clearance process and removed from a supervisory responsibility.

The committee has previously singled out Flynn, Porter and Kushner as it sought records from the White House about how their clearances were handled.

Flynn maintained his clearance even after the White House learned he lied to the FBI about his conversations with Russia’s ambassador and that he was under federal investigation by the Justice Department for his previous foreign work.

Kushner failed to initially disclose numerous foreign meetings on security clearance forms, and according to the Times, career officials recommended against granting him one before Trump personally overruled them.

Porter had high-level access with an interim security clearance even though the FBI repeatedly told the White House of past allegations of domestic violence lodged against him by two ex-wives.

Porter resigned after the allegations becoming public.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://apnews.com/1759ac2858ee4aafb041f91cbd6d86e9