Hungary’s ‘Stop Soros’ bill suggests jail time for those who help migrants

Earlier this month, Soros’ Open Society Foundation announced it would leave Hungary and relocate to Germany.

“The government of Hungary has denigrated and misrepresented our work,” the foundation’s president Patrick Gaspard said at the time.

An earlier version of the “Stop Soros” bill proposed a 25 percent tax on foreign donations to groups that encourage migration, a detail that was removed in the latest draft.

But the Hungarian government also suggested this week that the constitution be amended to say “foreign populations cannot be settled in Hungary.” The government also wants to refuse asylum for migrants who reach Hungary after passing through another country where they were not persecuted. That would disqualify many of those who make long journeys through multiple countries before they reach the EU.

The U.N.’s high commissioner for refugees warned that the legislation could “further inflame tense public discourse and rising xenophobic attitudes.”

And on Tuesday, Soros said in a speech at the European Council on Foreign Relations in London that Orban is “now posing as the defender of his version of a Christian Europe that is challenging the values on which the European Union was founded.”

This week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto in Washington. State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said Pompeo “underscored the importance of maintaining a vibrant civil society.”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Hungary-s-Stop-Soros-bill-suggests-jail-time-12955495.php

Advertisements

UFOs suddenly serious news — thank the guy from Blink-182 for that

Now in his early 40s, with his music career cooled but his financial resources apparently intact, DeLonge has channeled those bizarre passions into his next act.

You’ve seen it without knowing it. Remember that wild news in December about a secret Pentagon UFO program? And those grainy military videos showing radar images of unexplained phenomena white, Tic-Tac-shaped objects that appear to fly at remarkable speeds, at impossible angles, without wings or exhaust?

Tom DeLonge helped ring the alarm about those things, as part of his new business venture: To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science. For his advisory board, DeLonge recruited physicists, aerospace experts and former Department of Defense officials, who have been talking publicly about UFOs and arguing that the government has failed to fully investigate them.

In the past six months, DeLonge’s associates have appeared on CNN and Fox News, written for The Washington Post and been cited in the New York Times usually in the context of those eerie videos.

“What the f— is that thing?” a Navy pilot says in a video released by To The Stars in March, but perhaps the more pertinent question is: How the f— did the guy from Blink-182 get wrapped up in it?

‘Perpetual funding machine’

Rich men have the luxury of looking to the stars for investment and wish fulfillment. SpaceX founder Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars. Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen wants to make interplanetary travel cheap and routine. Amazon chief executive Jeffrey Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, envisions moving industry off Earth and shipping products down from space.

Tom DeLonge says he wants to build “a perpetual funding machine” to investigate UFOs and thereby advance our own species.

At a launch event for To The Stars Academy in Seattle last fall, he explained that he was expanding his small entertainment venture which has mostly published his graphic novels and books about UFOs and the paranormal into a far more ambitious scientific operation, to explore “the most controversial secret on Earth.”

DeLonge, who declined to comment for this article, explained at the launch that he had used his fame to meet with the keepers of that secret, in “clandestine encounters” in “desert airports” and “vacant buildings deep within Washington D.C.”

Some of those people sat behind DeLonge onstage, including former intelligence officer Luis Elizondo, the former director of a hush-hush UFO program at the Pentagon.

“The phenomenon is indeed real,” Elizondo said when it was his turn to speak. Just days before, the 22-year Defense Department veteran had submitted a resignation letter to the Pentagon, citing its disregard of “overwhelming evidence” that unexplained phenomena have been interfering with the U.S. military.

Elizondo had overseen the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, quietly created in 2007 by then-Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid, D-Nev., with the encouragement of a reclusive Nevada billionaire named Robert Bigelow. Like DeLonge, Bigelow made his fortune through earthly pursuits (real estate) but was fascinated by the otherworldly; he had funded research into crop and cattle mutilations. After he got Reid’s attention, Bigelow’s aerospace company then won the $22 million contract to run the Pentagon’s secret program, as first reported by the New York Times late last year. (Reid and Bigelow did not respond to requests for comment.)

Despite its peculiar mandate, Bigelow Aerospace’s output was typical of federal bureaucracy: It produced paper. There was a 490-page report on alleged UFO sightings, and a series of studies on experimental physics. One study written for the Defense Intelligence Agency (“Traversable Wormholes, Stargates, and Negative Energy”) urged federal research into interstellar travel and was illustrated with a childish drawing of a dinosaur greeting Albert Einstein through a hole in the space-time continuum.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/ufos-are-suddenly-a-serious-news-story-you-can-thank-the-guy-from-blink-182-for-that-1.530224

Uber installs panic button for riders to curb sexual assault

Uber is adding additional features — including a panic button — to help stop sexual assault and harassment.

The ride-sharing company has been facing accusations of sex crimes from its users directed at its drivers for years.

A class-action lawsuit, filed in November 2017, alleges that thousands of women have “endured unlawful conduct by their Uber drivers including rape, sexual assault, physical violence and gender-motivated harassment.”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://globalnews.ca/news/4241066/uber-panic-button-sexual-assault/

Stephen Miller blames Obama, Dems for ‘cruel, inhumane’ immigration policies

As part of its battle, the White House cited new and disturbing numbers that detail the surge in illegal immigration and asylum claims that they say are the result of the wink and nod policies of the Obama era loopholes. Among them:

  • From 2008 to 2016, asylum requests surged 1,700 percent. Just 20 percent were granted.
  • Illegal entry attempts have tripled as immigrants have tried to get into the U.S. before new effort to stop them can be implemented.
  • Apprehensions of illegal immigrants are up 50,000 for the second month in a row.
  • There has been a 315 percent one-year increase in illegals using children to pose as family units to gain entry into the country.

In a backgrounder and conference call, White House officials pushed for changes to the law and closure of loopholes.

“The current immigration and border crisis and all of the attendant concerns it raises are the exclusive product of loopholes in federal immigration law that Democrats refuse to close,” said the backgrounder from the White House.

It added:

“It’s very obvious to say that our immigration system is clearly being gamed by those who are aware of the loopholes and shortcomings of our system. Those loopholes are being used by smuggling organizations and by individuals to enter the country illegally. DHS is unable to address these loopholes because of a failure by Congress to act. The president and the administration have outlined the loopholes and the fixes required multiple times over the last 18 months and have worked with Congress to outline changes that need to take place. Yet, they have not.”

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/stephen-miller-blames-obama-dems-for-cruel-inhumane-immigration-policies

5G Wireless Service Stirs Health Concerns

The wireless industry is in a race to roll out 5G service. The network is supposed to be up to 100 times faster than current data speeds, but it requires cellphone tower equipment to be closer to users than before. Wireless companies in the U.S. say they’ll have to install about 300,000 new antennas – roughly equal to the total number of cell towers built over the past three decades. That’s causing outrage and alarm in some neighborhoods, as antennas go up around homes.

At a lab in New York, Verizon invited CBS News’ Tony Dokoupil to meet some of the entrepreneurs developing tools to run on the next generation of wireless technology. Jonathan Reeves, the CEO of Arvizio, said 5G service is extremely important to his company’s mission. His product allows users in different locations to interact with 3D images projected through a lens.

“Today, we can do this using Wi-Fi technology, and we can do it using landline technology. But of course you’re then tied to particular locations. With 5G, now we can begin to extend this. So we can actually begin to start doing this on building sites. We can start doing it on the factory floor. So it really opens up a whole new world,” Reeves said.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/05/29/5g-cell-phone-service/

Tommy Robinson’s First Message From Prison As England Awakens

As we reported on Saturday, Fox News is now covering the unprecedented gag order UK officials placed on media to vainly keep the disappearance of Tommy Robinson hidden from the public.

In short, it’s a Soviet-style disappearance: the UK police arrested Robinson, the court ordered the press to not talk about it, and it’s quite likely that Robinson will die in prison given the previous death threats made against the outspoken journalist.

Despite the gag order, US legacy media is now reporting on this sensational story.

According to Fox News:

Sources with knowledge of Robinson’s case spoke on condition of anonymity in part because of fear they would be arrested for contempt. One told Fox that Robinson’s lawyer warned that, considering the presence of Muslim gang members in prison, a 13-month sentence was tantamount to a death sentence.

“Tommy’s lawyer said he will likely die in jail given his profile and previous credible threats, and the judge basically said he doesn’t care,” the source said. “He sentenced him to 13 months in prison.”

The head of UKIP says the gag order was beyond authoritarian.

“What kind of police state have we become?” tweeted U.K. Independence Party leader and European MP Gerard Batten.

“I am trying to recall a legal case where someone was convicted of a ‘crime’ which cannot be reported on.”

“Where he can be cast into prison without it being possible to report his name, offence, or place of imprisonment for fear of contempt of court,” he added.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.infowars.com/exclusive-tommy-robinsons-first-message-from-prison-as-england-awakens/

Caged Migrant Children Photo Goes Viral As Left Rages At Trump; Except It Happened Under Obama

A photograph of two migrant children sleeping in a cage at an ICE detention facility quickly went viral on Sunday after several prominent liberals tweeted it in a white-hot rage at President Trump’s immigration policy.

After a laundry list of journalists and public figures angrily tweeted the photo – including CNN’s Hadas Gold, NYT Mag’s editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein, Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau and former LA mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, they deleted their tweets in shame when it emerged that the photo was taken in 2014, under Obama.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-28/caged-migrant-children-photo-goes-viral-left-rages-trump-except-it-happened-under

Facebook accused of conducting mass surveillance through its apps

Facebook used its apps to gather information about users and their friends, including some who had not signed up to the social network, reading their text messages, tracking their locations and accessing photos on their phones, a court case in California alleges.

The claims of what would amount to mass surveillance are part of a lawsuit brought against the company by the former startup Six4Three, listed in legal documents filed at the superior court in San Mateo as part of a court case that has been ongoing for more than two years.

A Facebook spokesperson said that Six4Three’s “claims have no merit, and we will continue to defend ourselves vigorously”. Facebook did not directly respond to questions about surveillance.

Documents filed in the court last week draw upon extensive confidential emails and messages between Facebook senior executives, which are currently sealed.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/may/24/facebook-accused-of-conducting-mass-surveillance-through-its-apps

Harvey Weinstein arrested on rape, criminal sex act charges

Harvey Weinstein surrendered Friday to face rape and other charges from encounters with two women, wearing both handcuffs and a strained smile as officers led him from a police precinct to court.

“You sorry, Harvey?” came a shout from a throng of media as the once powerful movie mogul walked into a lower Manhattan courthouse, his head bowed with the cuffs behind his back. Asked “What can you say?” he mildly shook his head and softly said “No.”

It marked the first criminal case against Weinstein, coming seven months after the allegations destroyed his career and set off a national reckoning over sexual misconduct known as the #MeToo movement.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials-weinstein-surrender-sexual-misconduct-041154230.html

Landmark lawsuit claims Monsanto hid cancer danger of weedkiller for decades

On 18 June, Johnson will become the first person to take the global seed and chemical company to trial on allegations that it has spent decades hiding the cancer-causing dangers of its popular Roundup herbicide products – and his case has just received a major boost.

Last week Judge Curtis Karnow issued an order clearing the way for jurors to consider not just scientific evidence related to what caused Johnson’s cancer, but allegations that Monsanto suppressed evidence of the risks of its weed killing products. Karnow ruled that the trial will proceed and a jury would be allowed to consider possible punitive damages.

“The internal correspondence noted by Johnson could support a jury finding that Monsanto has long been aware of the risk that its glyphosate-based herbicides are carcinogenic … but has continuously sought to influence the scientific literature to prevent its internal concerns from reaching the public sphere and to bolster its defenses in products liability actions,” Karnow wrote. “Thus there are triable issues of material fact.”

Johnson’s case, filed in San Francisco county superior court in California, is at the forefront of a legal fight against Monsanto. Some 4,000 plaintiffs have sued Monsanto alleging exposure to Roundup caused them, or their loved ones, to develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). Another case is scheduled for trial in October, in Monsanto’s home town of St Louis, Missouri.

The lawsuits challenge Monsanto’s position that its herbicides are proven safe and assert that the company has known about the dangers and hidden them from regulators and the public. The litigants cite an assortment of research studies indicating that the active ingredient in Monsanto’s herbicides, a chemical called glyphosate, can lead to NHL and other ailments. They also cite research showing glyphosate formulations in its commercial-end products are more toxic than glyphosate alone. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified glyphosate as a probable human carcinogen in 2015.

Monsanto “championed falsified data and attacked legitimate studies” that revealed dangers of its herbicides, and led a “prolonged campaign of misinformation” to convince government agencies, farmers and consumers that Roundup was safe, according to Johnson’s lawsuit.

“We look forward to exposing how Monsanto hid the risk of cancer and polluted the science,” said Michael Miller, Johnson’s attorney. “Monsanto does not want the truth about Roundup and cancer to become public.”

Monsanto has fiercely denied the allegations, saying its products are not the cause of cancer. The IARC finding was wrong, according to Monsanto, as are studies finding glyphosate and glyphosate-based herbicides like Roundup to be potentially carcinogenic. Monsanto points to findings by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other regulatory authorities as backing its defense.

FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT – JR

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/22/monsanto-trial-cancer-weedkiller-roundup-dewayne-johnson

%d bloggers like this: